Table of Contents
After successfully installing Magic Workspace in your computer, your dashboard will look like this.
On your left panel, there are 2 options available, under the My Portal is your Dashboard and Sessions.
My Portal > Dashboard
Upon logging in to your Magic Workspace Dashboard, a banner indicating which Active team/s you’re under will immediately show on screen.
My Portal > Dashboard > View Team
When you click on an Active Team, you can find the Assistant’s Name, Date Started and the Client paired with the assistant. On the lower banner of the dashboard, you can find the options View Weekly Schedule, Go Online/Offline and Add Task.
Magic WS Feature: Adding Your Weekly Schedule
My Portal > Dashboard > View Team > View Weekly Schedule
To add your Weekly Schedule, simply click Add New to enter your work schedule, and click Save.
Magic WS Feature: Go Offline/Online Option
My Portal > Dashboard > View Team > Go Offline
For Magic to correctly track the assistants’ clock in and out, it is important that they toggle on either the Go Online or Go Offline button every time they start or end their work session.
Note: This button is different from the Clock In/Out button on the Magic Assistant Portal.
Magic WS Feature: Adding Tasks
My Portal > Dashboard > View Team > List of tasks > Add Task
A key feature of Magic Workspace, adding tasks is crucial in our day-to-day productivity tracking.
To Add a Task:
- Simply select the Add Task button and input your task for the day.
- If applicable, add a Subtask for the Main Task by simply clicking on the + Add Subtask. If done with the Subtask, you can mark it with a check.
Start tracking your Task:
- For the dashboard to indicate how many hours you spent on a specific task, toggle to the right portion of your main task title, click on the icon and select Start Task. The Status will indicate Doing.
- If you want to take a break or work on another task, click Pause and the status will identify as Paused.
- If you’ve added another task for the day and haven’t started yet, the task status will remain Pending.
Note: Work session will automatically end after 30 minutes of idle time.
Magic WS Feature: Filtering Task List
My Portal > Dashboard > View Team > Task History
To filter a Task List, go to your Task History — found at the lowermost portion of the dashboard and input the date that you want to review your task.
Magic WS Feature: Auto End a Session after Idle Time
My Portal > Dashboard > View Team > Add Task
Another feature to take note is when a task session is on Idle for 30 minutes, the task status will automatically change to Pause.
My Portal > Sessions
Your Sessions show all the activities and statuses tracked under your tasks. When you click on a specific session, it will draw you back to the Dashboard for that specific task session.
🛈 New to Magic Workspace? Watch this walkthrough video and also check out our Get Started and Installation guides.
🛈 Still having trouble? Disregard the purple banner below and follow these steps to report a persisting issue to an engineer.
→ Read more: Workspace FAQs