With the surge of companies transitioning to a work from home setup, many employees have taken to rearranging their homes and their work spaces. A dedicated desk or office space can help lessen the distractions that you encounter while working, making you feel more productive during work hours.
Every person has a different idea of a proper desk setup; you’ll find that even the the way you arrange your desk reflects your personality. Psychologists are able to distinguish people’s personalities and behavior by just looking at the photos of their desks.
So, What Does Your Home Office Desk Setup Say About You?
1. The Clutterer – If you have a desk full of papers, office supplies, wires, and knickknacks, then you are a clutterer. Clutterers are outgoing and friendly, but are often perceived as unorganized and bad at time management. Inc’s research also says that clutterers often have brilliant minds.
2. The Minimalist – If your desk is mess-free and consists of just your computer, a notebook, and a pen or two, then you are a minimalist. Minimalists are organized and detail-oriented. While they’re stereotyped as introverts, that’s not always the case. The minimalist is hardworking, focused, steadfast, and thrives on structure.
3. The Tech Junkie – If your desk is full of all sorts of gadgets alongside your 2-monitor work computer setup, then you’re a tech junkie. Your desk is crisscrossed with wires both thick and thin, and none of them are expendable. Tech junkies are perceived as introverted, productive, and curious.
4. Sports Enthusiast – If you have posters of your favorite sport on the wall at the back of your monitor then you fall under the sports enthusiast. They are perceived as talkative and energetic.
5. The Artist – If you love surrounding yourself with your favorite paintings and posters and have all your supplies displayed on your desk, then you are an artist. Artists enjoy being creative with all aspects of their work and have fun trying unorthodox methods to accomplish tasks. You can count on them to have the best visuals during their team presentations.
Were you able to distinguish what your desk setup says about you? Regardless of how you arrange your home desk setup, it’s important that you make it comfortable for you as it can boost your productivity.Your environment can impact your concentration and a comfortable home office can increase your productivity.