With the surge of companies transitioning to work from home setup, a lot of people are rearranging their homes; or rearranging their home office desk setup. It’s a good thing to have an work desk or a space dedicated for your work at home. This lessens the distractions that we encounter at home while working and makes you feel more relaxed while working.
Every person has different perspectives in comfortability and the way you arrange your desk actually reflects your personality. Psychologists are able to distinguish people’s personalities and behavior by just looking at the photos of their desks.
So, What Does Your Home Office Desk Setup Say About You?
1. The Clutterer – If you have a desk full of papers, office supplies, chargers/wires, and some personal stuff like medicine then you are a clutterer. Clutterers are outgoing and friendly; but often perceived as unorganized and bad at time management. Inc’s research also says that clutterers often have brilliant minds.
2. The Minimalist – If your desk consists of your work computer and just the essentials that you need for your work then you are a minimalist. Minimalists are organized and detail oriented; they are also often perceived as dull but very focused.
3. The Tech Junkie – If your desk is full of all sorts of gadgets on top of your 2-monitor work computer setup, then you’re a tech junkie. Your desk also contains different types of wires for every gadget. Tech junkies are perceived as introverts and very reliable.
4. Sports Enthusiast – If you have posters of your favorite sport on the wall at the back of your monitor then you fall under the sports enthusiast. They are perceived as talkative and energetic.
5. The Artist – If you have artworks on your desk and have a bunch of art materials sitting on top of their desks, then you’re an artist. Artists enjoy being creative with work and trying unorthodox ways of accomplishing tasks. They’re usually the ones who create the best powerpoint presentation complete with outstanding visuals to capture the viewers’ attention.
Were you able to distinguish what your desk setup says about you? Regardless of how you arrange your home desk setup, it’s important that you make it comfortable for you. It’s important because it can help boost your productivity. Your environment can impact your concentration and a comfortable home office can increase your productivity.